SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
At JR Technologies, our vision is to create the new customer-centric distribution landscape of tomorrow.
Working with us offers many opportunities to experienced professionals who are interested in joining a strong team, learning and mentoring in a dynamic environment, honing professional and technical abilities, and who thrive on new challenges. We provide an environment where people can leverage their skills, talents, experience, and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. As a disruptive company, our future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose, and urgency.
The JR Technologies’ Innovation Center is seeking two (2) agile Site Reliability Engineers to join and work on a decentralized team that values speed and quality. We want you to lead the retailing transformation with us.
What does great look like in this role?
You will be part of JR Technologies’ team whose vision is to deliver personalized, customized experiences in the realm of travel and beyond. A successful candidate will have strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills. This team consists of system administrators, network engineers, Database Administrators, Cloud/SRE Engineers, Security Engineers, and DevOps building an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform.
More specifically, as an SRE Engineer, you will be responsible for
- Building features for our quickly expanding Kubernetes fleet management system.
- Building supporting services that target Kubernetes, supporting many critical functions to Azure Cloud, eg, container registry, CDN, key vault, Application Gateway, FrontDoor.
- Cooperating with DevOps and Developer teams on how to build well-behaved Kubernetes applications.
- Working closely with other, IT teams to present a unified service platform to the entire organization.
- Monitor and Support customer cloud environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available and operating and SLAs are fulfilled.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any issues in cloud environments by examining configuration, checking logs, etc.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation-monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience as an SRE engineer.
- Two years of working experience with Azure or other major cloud platforms (Google Cloud, or AWS).
- Experience building infrastructure with Terraform.
- Experience with Linux containerization and the Docker ecosystem.
- Worked in a large SaaS environment in a public cloud provider.
- Worked on projects using version control systems (Git).
- Experience with open-source communities, maybe even a project that you have fostered yourself.
- Background in Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat) & Windows Server Administration,
- Experience with Container Orchestration Tools (Kubernetes).
- Experience with log and monitoring systems (Elastic Search, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana).
- A working understanding of scripting (Python for SysAdmins, Bash).
- Proactive and risk-minded person.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Excellent English in written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Ansible, Chef, or similar, build automation tools (Gradle, Maven)
- Full-time position based in Chania or work remotely
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Friendly, pleasant, and creative environment
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best.
We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!
Please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.