At JR Technologies, our vision is to create the new customer-centric distribution landscape of tomorrow.
Working with us offers many opportunities to experienced professionals who are interested in joining a strong team, learning and mentoring in a dynamic environment, honing professional and technical abilities, and who thrive on new challenges. We provide an environment where people can leverage their skills, talents, experience, and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. As a disruptive company, our future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency.
The JR Technologies’ Innovation Center is seeking an agile Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our teams. The Senior QA Engineer will estimate, prioritize, and coordinate testing activities as well as create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases. Additionally, you will review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to the Senior Development Leadership Team. JR Technologies and has a strong desire to lead the retailing revolution in the airline and travel industries, and we want you to lead this transformation with us.
The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for monitoring every phase of the development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to company standards which will be vital to meet target dates and stay within budget. Essential skills are being able to identify, record, thoroughly document, and track bugs as well as perform regression testing when bugs are resolved. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will need to stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
A successful candidate will be able to learn fast to be able to simplify the task and execute the assigned work on time, clearly understand who the end-user is, what purpose the product serves, and how it will be useful to the customer. A Senior QA Engineer knows how to prioritize and estimate task execution without any assistance.
- NoSQL Database Technology (Cassandra, Couchbase, or similar)
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- TOGAF or Microsoft Azure or Zachman Certified Architecture programs
- Working knowledge of TFS, VSTS or JIRA
What great looks like in this role
The Senior QA Engineer will be part of the JR Technologies team whose vision is to deliver personalized, customized experiences in the realm of travel and beyond. This role helps manage the workflow within the QA team and meets deadlines by breaking up the development process into attainable testing goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders. The Senior QA Engineer needs to be skilled at project planning as well as task and people coordination. Clear and articulate written and verbal communication is a must along with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- 4+ years of professional experience in software testing
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, testing levels and types, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (Protractor, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.)
- Highly Desirable - experience / knowledge in the payments, airline & travel domains
- Full time position based in Chania, Athens or Dublin
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Friendly, pleasant and creative environment
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best. We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!