JUNIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
At JR Technologies, our vision is to create the new customer-centric distribution landscape of tomorrow.
Working with us offers many opportunities to experienced professionals who are interested in joining a strong team, learning and mentoring in a dynamic environment, honing professional and technical abilities, and who thrive on new challenges. We provide an environment where people can leverage their skills, talents, experience, and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. As a disruptive company, our future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose, and urgency.
The JR Technologies’ Innovation Center is seeking for a Junior Database Administrator to join and work on a decentralized team that values speed and quality. We want you to lead the retailing transformation with us.
What does great look like in this role?
You will be part of JR Technologies’ team whose vision is to deliver personalized, customized experiences in the realm of travel and beyond. A successful candidate will have strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills. This team consists of system administrators, network engineers, Database Administrators, Cloud/SRE Engineers, Security Engineers, and DevOps building an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform.
As a Junior Database Administrator, you will join our DBA team whose primary responsibility is the continuous monitoring, tuning, management, capacity planning, and improvement of existing DSE & Apache Cassandra Clusters and MySQL & Azure SQL & Cosmos DB Servers. In addition, the development and installation of new Clusters/Servers. Among others, you will be involved in the following tasks:
- DSE & Apache Cassandra installation & configuration.
- Azure & MySQL Server installation & configuration.
- Cosmos DB installation & configuration
- Participation in development lifecycle & deployment process
- Azure SQL/MySQL/Cosmos DB Server & DSE & Cassandra monitoring, management, capacity planning of clusters performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Database backup and recovery, connectivity and security, database creation and role assignment.
- Support development and production deployments ( DSE & Cassandra Clusters & MySQL Server)
- Troubleshoot Database issues with other dba’s/developers ( DSE & Cassandra Clusters & MySQL Server)
- Development of Migration Tools (in Python or Java or BASH shell)
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any issues in cloud environments by examining configuration, checking logs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Basic knowledge of DSE & Apache Cassandra environments.
- Basic understanding of NoSQL database (+CQL Cassandra Query Language & Cassandra Data Modeling).
- Basic knowledge & usage and administration skills in Linux systems (Redhat & Centos).
- Basic knowledge of Python Programming language.
- Basic knowledge of BASH scripting.
- Basic knowledge of Relational Database Management Software (MySQL).
- Very good English written and oral communication skills.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Python, Perl, and/or shell scripting experience.
- Full-time position based in Chania or work remotely
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Friendly, pleasant, and creative environment
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best.
We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!
Please contact our HR department at email@example.com.