JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER
At JR Technologies, our vision is to create the new customer-centric distribution landscape of tomorrow.
Working with us offers many opportunities to experienced professionals who are interested in joining a strong team in a dynamic environment. JR Technologies welcomes people that can share their skills, talents, experience, and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. As an Innovative company, our future depends on a sense of drive, purpose, and urgency to meet customer needs and lead the retailing transformation with us within the travel distribution ecosystem.
The JR Technologies’ Innovation Center is seeking to hire mid-level Java Software Engineers to join and work on a decentralized team that values speed and quality.
You will be part of the JR Technologies team whose vision is to deliver personalized, customized experiences in the realm of travel and beyond. A successful candidate will have strong communication and collaboration skills and take solution ownership. The Java Software Engineer will be responsible for source code writing in JAVA Spring Framework and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the customer experience. The successful candidate will be part of or lead a team of developers responsible for the technical analysis, development, and implementation of application software and components. Technology is constantly evolving, and you will need to learn new software design methods as they arise. You will take charge of the complete SDLC process: estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate development activities as well as carry out application performance analysis, optimization, and deal with web infrastructure and high-performance, scalable distributed systems. It is important to care for code quality and implement appropriate software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation). We want to implement solidly designed systems that function well and provide a beautiful, efficient, and effective experience for our users.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- 3 to 5 years knowledge of Java and Spring Framework
- Experience in software design and system architecture.
- Experience with WEB Services (REST, SOAP) and XML.
- Good knowledge of industry standards and best practices surrounding all aspects of the SDLC.
- Demonstrate very strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills to work with colleagues
- Adept at research. This means knowing how to ask questions, who to ask, searching online for help, and applying new knowledge.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and adheres to company procedures and policies.
- High integrity, honesty, and customer service when interacting with employees, prospects, and customers.
Nice to Have
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Experience with NO-SQL data warehouse (e.g. Cassandra)
- Preferred knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Some experience in the use of Kafka, Elastic Stack
- Full-time position based in Chania or work remotely
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Friendly, pleasant, and creative environment
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best.
We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!
Please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.