At JR Technologies, our vision is to create the new customer-centric distribution landscape of tomorrow.
Working with us offers many opportunities to experienced professionals who are interested in joining a strong team, learning and mentoring in a dynamic environment, honing professional and technical abilities, and who thrive on new challenges. We provide an environment where people can leverage their skills, talents, experience, and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. As a disruptive company, our future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose, and urgency.
The JR Technologies’ Innovation Center is seeking two (2) agile Database Administrators to join and work on a decentralized team that values speed and quality. We want you to lead the retailing transformation with us.
What does great look like in this role?
You will be part of JR Technologies’ team whose vision is to deliver personalized, customized experiences in the realm of travel and beyond. A successful candidate will have strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills. This team consists of system administrators, network engineers, Database Administrators, Cloud/SRE Engineers, Security Engineers, and DevOps building an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform.
As a Database Administrator, you will join our DBA team whose primary responsibility is the continuous monitoring, tuning, management, capacity planning, and improvement of existing DSE & Apache Cassandra Clusters and MySQL & Azure SQL & Cosmos DB Servers. In addition, the development and installation of new Clusters/Servers. Among others, you will be involved in the following tasks:
- NoSQL (DSE & Apache Cassandra& Cosmos DB) installation & configuration.
- Relational (Azure SQL & MySQL) Server installation & configuration.
- Design, develop and manage data on DSE & Cassandra clusters & Azure/MySQL/Cosmos DB Servers
- Participate in development lifecyclecycle and Deployment process
- Mentoring Jnr DBA team
- Azure SQL/MySQL/Cosmos DB Server & DSE & Cassandra monitoring, management, capacity planning of clusters performance and troubleshooting issues.
- End-to-end Performance tuning of DSE / Cassandra / Cosmos DB clusters against very large data sets.
- End-to-end Performance tuning of MySQL/Azure SQL Server
- Database backup and recovery, connectivity and security, database creation and role assignment.
- Troubleshoot Database issues with other dba’s/developers ( DSE & Cassandra Clusters & MySQL Server)
- Development of Migration Tools (in Python or Java or BASH shell)
- Monitor and Support customer cloud environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available, operating and SLA’s are fulfilled,
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any issues in cloud environments by examining configuration, checking logs, etc.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with large scale DSE & Apache Cassandra environments build and support including design, capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring
- 2+ years’ experience with DSE & Apache Cassandra with an expert understanding of NoSQL database (+CQL Cassandra Query Language & Cassandra Data Modeling ).
- 2+ years of experience & Strong usage and administration skills in Linux systems (Redhat & Centos)
- Experience with Python Programming language
- Experience with Python BASH scripting.
- 2+ years of Relational Database Management Software (MySQL)
- Demonstrate very strong problem solving skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with one or more automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience in the cloud platform of Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Java etc.
- Strong network background with a good understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls, and DNS
- Experience in troubleshooting and administering Unix systems, dealing with networking issues, and fine-tuning instrumentation and alerting systems
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, and production support
- Python, Perl, and/or shell scripting experience.
- Full-time position based in Chania or work remotely
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Friendly, pleasant, and creative environment
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best.
We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!
Please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.