Role and Responsibilities
Enterprise Architect will be based in one of our Innovation Centre’s in Chania, Athens or Dublin, Ireland. He/She will report directly to JRT’s CTO/CIO and will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical guidance and support to the Software Engineering team and to JR Technologies’ customers
- Developing overall Enterprising Architecture guidelines and best practices
- Develop and Maintain documentation across all projects in the enterprise.
- Evaluate internal functions, and IT Infrastructure and suggest improvements.
- Organizing training to improve employees' knowledge and skills for future organizational growth.
- Providing business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Ensuring the efficiency, security, and support of the organization's goals.
- Working with CTO creating methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Detect security vulnerability and risks, align security and risk management with business strategy, and develop best practices to implement a Security-by-Design
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post Graduate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- 10+ years as an Enterprise/Solutions Architect with extensive experience in large-scale, high availability solutions
- Experience in the knowledge how to document and the develop Enterprise architecture documentation.
- 5+ years’ experience with the technology roadmap that includes Java/Spring, Micro-Services (Azure Functions, Lambda Functions), Angular/JS (2), GIT, VSTS or Similar, NoSQL Database Technology (Cassandra, Couchbase, or similar)
- Experience with transformation from monolithic architecture to a component and micro-services architecture.
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and cloud vendors, ideally Azure. Cloud based auto-scaling, high availability, Kubernetes etc.
- Strong system analysis skills, experienced across the complete project lifecycle base around Agile, TDD, and BDD
- Establish technology standards and policies, conducting research into a variety of technologies as required.
- Prepare and present researched technologies, proposed standards, and policies.
Preferred Skills & Certifications
- Experience in the Airline/Transportation business or Online Payments Industry.
- TOGAF or Microsoft Azure or Zachman Certified Architecture programs.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best. We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!