SENIOR DevOps ENGINEER
At JR Technologies, our vision is to create the new customer-centric distribution landscape of tomorrow.
Working with us offers many opportunities to experienced professionals who are interested in joining a strong team, learning and mentoring in a dynamic environment, honing professional and technical abilities, and who thrive on new challenges. We provide an environment where people can leverage their skills, talents, experience, and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. As a disruptive company, our future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose, and urgency.
The JR Technologies’ Innovation Center is seeking two (2) agile Senior DevOps Engineers to join and work on a decentralized team that values speed and quality. We want you to lead the retailing transformation with us.
What does great look like in this role?
You will be part of JR Technologies’ team whose vision is to deliver personalized, customized experiences in the realm of travel and beyond. A successful candidate will have strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership. More specifically the Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible to:
- Identify, analyze, and optimize cloud operations processes in collaboration with the Network, Cloud Engineers, Database, and Developer teams,
- Design, document, develop, test, and deploy automation tools using Git, Python, Kubernetes in the cloud,
- Design, document, build and operate CI/CD procedures into cloud environments using Azure DevOps,
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues in CI/CD procedures,
- Measure, optimize, and tune system performance and ensure that systems will run reliably and stable,
- Work closely with Infrastructure and/or Solutions Architect, Product Owners in order to implement, create and deploy solutions in the cloud,
- Monitor and Support customer cloud environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available, operating and SLAs are fulfilled,
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues in cloud environments by examining configuration, checking logs, etc.
- Implement Security Requirements enforced from PCI-DSS Certification and/or SOC2,
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion,
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent,
- 4+ years experience in Systems Engineering as Senior or 2+ years experience as DevOps
- Two years of working experience with Azure or other major cloud platforms (Google Cloud, or AWS).
- Experience with Container Orchestration Tools (Kubernetes),
- Experience with log and monitoring systems (Elastic Search, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana),
- A working understanding of scripting (Python for SysAdmins, Bash),
- Background in Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat) & Windows Server Administration,
- Proactive and risk minded person,
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently,
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management,
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Up to date on latest industry trends, able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently,
- Knowledge of Ansible, Chef or similar, build automation tools (Gradle, Maven)
- Knowledge of Linux OS (Centos/Redhat, Ubuntu) and Linux troubleshooting,
- Cyber security practices,
- Any Linux Certification, Systems Engineer Certification, Cloud Engineers Certification
- Full-time position based in Chania or work remotely
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Friendly, pleasant, and creative environment
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best.
We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!
Please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.