At JR Technologies, our vision is to create the new customer-centric distribution landscape of tomorrow.
Working with us offers many opportunities to experienced professionals who are interested in joining a strong team, learning and mentoring in a dynamic environment, honing professional and technical abilities, and who thrive on new challenges. We provide an environment where people can leverage their skills, talents, experience, and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. As a disruptive company, our future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency.
The JR Technologies’ Innovation Center teams in Chania, Athens and Dublin are seeking an outstanding Enterprise Architect to join our teams. The enterprise architect will be responsible for evaluating, developing, updating, and maintaining the overall Enterprise Architecture. This involves developing, coordinating, and maintaining new application frameworks and deliverables across all projects in the enterprise enabling JR Technologies to make high impact, long-term decisions. Additionally, this architect will be responsible for evaluating internal functions and IT Infrastructure and suggesting improvements for increased efficiency and business goal alignment. This includes detecting security vulnerability and risks, aligning risk management with business strategy, and developing best practices to implement a Security-by-Design risk mitigation program. This is a critical, strategic architecture role to help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the company.
The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for ensuring the overall architecture and surrounding business and technical controls maximize efficiency, security, and support of the organization's goals while adhering to industry requirements and best practices. This multi-faceted role works with the CTO, CIO, front-line teams, and clients of the company.
A successful candidate will have experience with transformation from monolithic architecture to a component and micro-services as well demonstrated skills and actual examples of models built using the Enterprise Framework.
- Micro-Services (Azure Functions, Lambda Functions)
- Angular/JS (2)
- VSTS or Similar
- NoSQL Database Technology (Cassandra, Couchbase, or similar)
- TOGAF or Microsoft Azure or Zachman Certified Architecture programs
What great looks like in this role
The Enterprise Architect will be part of JRT’s team whose vision is to deliver personalized, customized experiences in the realm or travel and beyond. The EA will have an opportunity to guide the process of planning and designing new distribution capabilities through architecture strategies, blueprints and road maps that create speed and agility through the innovative use of data science, data analytics, cloud and API’s.
- Post Graduate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience
- 10+ years as an Enterprise/Solutions Architect with extensive experience in large-scale, high availability solutions
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and cloud vendors, ideally Azure. Cloud based auto-scaling, high availability, Kubernetes etc.
- Strong system analysis skills, experienced across the complete project lifecycle base around Agile, TDD, and BDD
- Adept at systems thinking, strategic thinking, project management, IT governance and operations, and project management skills.
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to technical teams
- Highly Desirable - experience / knowledge in the payments, airline & travel domains
- Full time position based in Chania, Athens or Dublin
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Friendly, pleasant and creative environment
We are always looking for talented professionals with a passion for work, who enjoy what they do and give their best. We are transforming the travel industry - be a part of it!